One app note tells you to clear the ground plane below the switch node and inductor on your DC-DC converter layout. Another one tell you that you definitely shouldn’t do that. Which one is right?!
In this new YouTube video, we take a look at some custom made circuit boards, designed to help answer this exact question.
The video covers:
- Comparison of 4 DC-DC layouts
- Near-field scans using the Scanphone
- Near-field scans using the EMSCAN EHX-83
- Radiated emissions test using TekBox biconical antenna
- Reduction of ambient noise in an office environment