Intrinsically Safe Design Online Training
Intrinsically Safe (IS) hardware design and certification to hazardous location standards for US, Europe and the rest of the world is an extremely challenging, time intensive and expensive process. Even the smallest oversight or design error can cost tens of thousands of dollars in lost certification fees and months of time waiting, fixing, and resubmitting a design only to fail again.
Engenuics has over 15 years of experience certifying intrinsically safe products globally. This course summarizes that experience and delivers the most critical information to your hardware designers to greatly de‐risk the process of creating and certifying products.
As with all Engenuics courses, this course packs in a lot of information and challenges participants to prove their knowledge through hands‐on case studies and take‐home exercises. Extensive take‐home material on intrinsic safety is provided for future reference.
• Learn trusted processes and best practices that are essential knowledge for embedded designers doing intrinsically safe products
• Learn how to navigate and understand the key information in the 60079 series of Hazardous Location certification standards for UL/CSA, IEC and ATEX certification.
• Build knowledge for designing hardware within the limitations of the standards.
• Gain skills to review and discover non-compliances before starting intrinsic safety certification.
• Learn how to build strategies for successfully navigating the intrinsic safety certification process to minimize time and cost.
• Maximize the probability of achieving compliance on the first attempted assessment.
Who is this course for?
Engineers tasked with designing hardware intended for intrinsic safety certification and deployment in hazardous locations where the explosion hazard is gas-based (Class I Division 1 Group A, B, C, D or Class I Zone 0 Group IIC).
Participants should have strong skills in hardware design both in schematic capture and PCB layout. Understanding both digital and analog circuit fundamentals and components is critical.
What is included with this course?
- Approximately 24 hours of instruction from an industry expert
- 1 year access to training material (IP restricted to 1 student)
- 12 months access to the video training modules
- Presentation slides for download
- Detailed course notes
- Spreadsheet tools
“With close to 30 years of experience in electronic design, most courses I attend bring me usually below 40% of new learning. In this course, it is more than 90% of new stock for me. I really feel it worth the value I paid in this case.” Jacques Marcotte, ABB Inc.“, Jacques Marcotte, ABB Inc.
“I took an FM 3610 course back in 2005, but I think I’ve gotten more out of the first couple hours of this course than I did in the two days at that FM course.” Eric Holland, Avery-Weigh Tronix.
“The course already helped me a lot with an initial assessment for quotation for a new project.” Corné Voogt, Neways Electronics.
Pricing and Discounts
Enrollment per person: $2295 USD
2-5 students: 10% discount
6-10 students: 20% discount
11+ students: 25% discount
Note: Our training platform allows for the assignment of groups of engineers overseen by a group leader. It’s ideal for organizations that wish to roll out the training to several engineers or teams. The engineer’s progress can be monitor by the team leader to ensure the information has been consumed and understood.
Also email us for current academic and government employee discount programs.