Learn how to design products that pass radiated and conducted immunity testing with this fully online training course. This is a partner course for the emissions compliance course.
In this comprehensive course, students will learn how to design, prepare, test and troubleshoot products for a suite of the most common EMC tests including:
- Conducted Immunity
- Radiated Immunity
- Magnetic Field
- Power Quality
Each unit contains narrated Powerpoint presentations, examples, exercises and industry relevant case studies.
Focusing on the PCB and enclosure levels, the course is tailored for electronics engineers, technologists and anyone involved in designing, testing or troubleshooting products for electromagnetic issues.
- How to prepare PCB designs and enclosures for EMC immunity compliance
- Overview of standards, monitoring methods, pass/fail criteria and creating a test plan
- Immunity pre-compliance test equipment options and methods
- Immunity failure troubleshooting equipment, methods and techniques
- Lots of video demonstrations and example case studies
- Suppression component selection and implementation
- Minimizing RF desense
- Increasing analog circuitry immunity
Below are the course modules as you will see them in your member’s area [registration required for access].
Course Content Lessons Status 7
Meet Some of Our Happy Customers
Number of hours (Online): Approx 10.
The course is delivered online through the EMC FastPass training platform. Modules are made available online weekly. Enrolled engineers receive 60-90 minutes of training each week over a period of 8 weeks. New modules become available each week and you can access them any time after they have been released (you are not required to attend a webinar at a specific time). Assistance is provided by email.
Student progress is tracked on the website to ensure that they have completed each module. They receive a multiple choice quiz (with 5-10 questions) after each module to ensure that key information has been understood and retained.
Once each student has completed the course and successfully completed each quiz with >80% average, they are awarded with a certificate of completion.
There are also 2 optional assignments that will be marked by an instructor.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Hardware design engineers of all levels who want comprehensive training on design for immunity compliance
- Testing/compliance technicians who want to understand how aspects of design affect immunity performance
- Junior electronics engineers and new university graduates who want to add EMC design to their resume (a highly sought after skill)
- 3rd party test labs that want to train up test engineers on design for compliance
NEED TO TRAIN UP A TEAM?
Our industry leading online training platform includes several features that are useful for group and enterprise training requirements:
INCLUDED WITH ENROLLMENT
- 8 weeks of EMC training (approximately 10 hours of video instruction)
- Individual progress tracking
- Online quizzes and tests
- 2 optional assignments
- 1 year access to training material
- Downloadable PDFs of slides
- 1 year of content updates
- Certificate of completion for all students who successfully finish training course and complete all tests
Note: Due to illegal distribution concerns and copyright infringement, online courses are not available for download.
Pricing is based on the number of enrollments at your organization.
1: $995 USD per person
2-5: $895 USD per person
6-10: $749 USD per person
11+: Contact us for pricing
For departments and large organizations, we offer significant discounts and perpetual license options.
Discounts are available for university lecturers, departments, students and recent graduates.