Antenna Matching – Maximize Your Transmitter’s Performance
A common RF problem encountered when completing a wireless product is electrically matching your wireless transmitter to your chosen antenna. The process of antenna matching, which involves tuning the radio module output to closely match the antenna impedance will help to increase your product’s range and make your communications link more robust. For products containing a cellular module, poor performance will usually result in a certification failure and an inability to sell the product for use on a carrier’s network.
The course will show you step-by-step procedures for impedance matching a radio to an antenna.
The course includes real life video demonstrations of matching a single-band antenna and a dual-band antenna.
Antenna Matching Learning Outcomes:
- Learn what equipment you need to perform antenna impedance matching.
- Limitations of impedance matching.
- How to set up your test environment to reduce test cable influences on the results.
- How to use complex impedance and a Smith Chart to realize your matching circuit.
- Examples of typical matching circuits (single and dual band) and their application.
Who is this antenna matching course for?
- This course is for hardware design engineers and their team leaders whose products use wireless technology.
- Hardware engineers new to RF antenna issues.
- Technicians who need to verify a product’s antenna performance during production or development.
- Engineers preparing a product for cellular over-the-air performance testing.
- Design engineers who find their product is not performing as well as expected, or not as well as a competitor’s product.
What is included with this course?
- Over 2 hours of instruction from an industry expert
- 1 year access to training material (IP restricted to 1 student)
- 12 months access to the video training modules
- Application notes and relevant resources
Pricing and Discounts
Enrollment per person: $299 USD
2-5 students: 10% discount
6-10 students: 20% discount
11+ students: 25% discount
Also email us for current academic and government employee discount programs.