Mr. Tony Aquino (B.Eng, M.Eng)
Tony Aquino is currently a signal integrity consultant. Tony received his Bachelors degree in Electronics Engineering from De La Salle University and Masters degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of the Philippines. He has held senior engineering and management positions at Astec, Emerson, Intel and GE.
* Deep experience in the product package/board design and analysis.
* In-depth knowledge of PCB layout process, IC package design, signal integrity and simulation tools required to develop high speed boards and packages.
* Hands-on experience with EM tools like Ansys HFSS, SIWAve, Cadence PowerSI, etc.
* Lab correlation and validation of simulation results.
* Familiar with lab equipment, such as VNA, TDR, real-time scope, spectrum analyzer, and etc.
* Independently generate accurate trace/via models using 2D/3D tools and build up the system level simulation deck in tools such as Cadence Spectre, Hspice and ADS.
* Experience in correlating simulation results with lab measurements using oscilloscopes, TDRs, VNAs.
* Deep knowledge in 3D/2D EM simulation tools and transmission line theory.
* High-speed board and PCB design experience.
Favourite Quote: “There are two kinds of engineers. Those who have signal integrity problems, and those who will.” – Eric Bogatin