Reduce uncertainty and speed up time to market by doing RF pre-compliance testing.
Tight project timelines make failing at a test lab an almost untenable situation. This training course helps you to ensure that your RF transmitters (such as Bluetooth, Zigbee, Wi-Fi, 802.15.4) are verified prior to full certification testing.
It offers a step by step process that any manufacturer can implement to verify with high degree of certainty that newly designed transmitters meet the FCC’s limits. With only a small amount of test equipment (e.g. a low cost used spectrum analyzer), you can undertake the majority of tests that a full compliance lab would do.
You’ll get a step by step walk through of how to make conducted RF measurements such as spurious emissions, emissions bandwidth and peak power.
You’ll learn how to compare those measurements to the FCC’s limits to give yourself the best possible chance of passing certification testing first time.
Note: The information in this training course was tailored specifically for transmitters that fall under FCC Part 15.247 (CFR47 Part 15 subpart C) such as Bluetooth, Zigbee, Wi-Fi, 802.15.4 and many other low power wireless transmitters. However, the measurement techniques apply to many other types of transmitters that fall under different rule parts.
- Learn how to specify an adequate spectrum analyzer
- Learn how to prepare your hardware and firmware for RF pre-compliance testing
- Learn how to operate a spectrum analyzer for RF measurements
- Learn how the FCC’s rules apply to different types of RF transmitter
- Step by step video walkthough of making conducted RF measurements for DTS devices
- Step by step video walkthough of making conducted RF measurements for spread spectrum (DSS) devices
- Learn about product labeling and modular certifications
- Learn how to create your certification application package
- Learn what you need to do if the transmitter design is changed after certification
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Managers who want a comprehensive RF training course to teach engineers how to verify RF transmitters before certification
- Testing/compliance technicians who want a step by step video guide for making conducted RF compliance measurements
- 3rd party test labs that want to train up junior engineers on the FCC’s wireless test requirements and how to make conducted RF measurements
- Hardware design engineers who want to verify their designs for RF compliance
WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH THIS TRAINING?
- 1 year access to training material
- 1 year content updates
- 1 year basic product support
- RF pre-compliance test report templates
- Spreadsheet for EIRP calculations (with video instructions)
- App notes and resources relevant to each training module