Because time-to-market and budget factors often drive many of today’s high-tech designs, electromagnetic compatibility/interference (EMC/EMI) issues often surface at the last moment in the design cycle, potentially delaying product introductions.
Very often, simple pre-compliance measurements and techniques can identify issues early when the cost of implementation is substantially lower and design improvements may be made with less impact on schedules.
This seminar covers the basics of EMC design and how to correct typical design issues, simple pre-compliance bench top measurement methods, and includes a number of simple techniques and tools useful in characterizing designs at various stages of development that will better prepare products for EMC qualification.
The presentation will also include video demonstrations of many of the basic principles. Finally, several case studies will also be described.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Troubleshoot and solve common EMC issues
- Understand the causes of the most common EMC issues: radiated emissions/immunity and electrostatic discharge
- Make or purchase simple low-cost bench top troubleshooting tools
- Perform simple evaluation and pre-qualification tests to ensure likeliness of compliance
Attendees will be introduced to:
- EMI measurements and techniques
- How to develop your own EMI troubleshooting kit
- Troubleshooting and solving radiated/conducted emissions
- Troubleshooting and solving electrostatic discharge (ESD)
- Troubleshooting and solving radiated/conducted immunity
- Troubleshooting and solving lightning surge and electrically fast transient (EFT)
- Practical tools and techniques that can be used for pre-compliance measurements
- Case studies for several types of products
Who is this course for?
The course should prove useful for product designers, project managers, mechanical engineers, test engineers, or systems engineers.
What’s included with the course?
- Five and a half hours of solid practical training from an industry leading expert
- 7 video demonstrations
- Presentation slides available for download
- Homework assignments include making your own probes and ESD detector
- Free ongoing email help from the instructor – with no time limit
- 12 months access to the video training modules
Pricing and Discounts
Enrollment per person: $995 USD
2-5 students: 10% discount
6-10 students: 20% discount
11+ students: 25% discount
Also email us for current academic and government employee discount programs.