Get up to Speed on the Latest EMC Test Requirements and Standards ASAP
The “EMC Testing Beginner’s Bundle” is an online video training program that introduces emissions and immunity EMC testing requirements and methods to design and compliance engineers.
The training package includes 3 separate training courses:
“EMC Testing 101” – an introduction to individual EMC tests and how they will be applied to your products.
“Standards and Regulations” – how to identify and navigate the standards that apply to your product.
“Essential Tips & Guides” – information that can save you thousands of dollars on equipment, testing and standards.
Read on below to get a full course outline…
Meet Some of Our Happy Clients
EMC Testing 101
Mapping the EMC Minefield
In this 13 module course, we cover the fundamentals of what each of the main emissions and immunity tests are that your product may face at an EMC test lab. We cover items like: What each test is for, test equipment used, test methods, how the tests will be applied to your product (for immunity tests), typical failure modes and more…
- What is EMC?
- Radiated Emissions
- Conducted Emissions
- Harmonic Current Testing
- Voltage Flicker Testing
- Immunity Testing Overview
- Radiated Immunity
- Conducted Immunity
- Magnetic Field
- Voltage Dips, Drops & Interruptions
Global Regulations & Standards Course
Guide to finding and interpreting the standards that apply to your products
In this 11 module course, we cover the processes and procedures for picking the right route to market for North America and Europe. You’ll learn how to find and navigate the EMC and RF standards that apply to your product, how to keep up with the latest standards and the pros and cons of using wireless modules. You’ll get a bird’s eye view of the regulatory requirements and how to efficiently navigate them.
- Unintentional radiator process (FCC)
- Wireless certification process
- Navigating FCC (non-wireless)
- Navigating CE (non-wireless)
- Using pre-certified wireless modules (and pitfalls to avoid)
- Navigating FCC (wireless)
- Navigating CE (wireless)
- How to keep up with the latest standards
- How to work out which immunity tests apply to your product
- FCC and CE exemptions
Tips & Guides
The training series covers a few modules that can literally save you several thousands of dollars. Choosing the right test lab can save you over $2000 and 2 weeks time to market, and we cover what you need to know to pick the right one.
You’ll learn what the implications are of changing your wireless or non-wireless product after testing. And we cover an over the should look at how I managed to buy test equipment worth over $5000 for under $500 with a screen capture walk through of the process. And finally, you’ll learn how to pick up CE emissions and immunity standards for free (or very close to free) – legally of course.
- How to select the best test lab
- PCB changes after certification
- How to find low cost test equipment
- How to save $1000+ on CE standards
WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH ENROLLMENT
- 1 year online access to 3 training courses
- Certificate of completion for each enrolled student who successfully finishes each course
- Relevant application notes and resources for each training module
- 1 year content updates
- 1 year basic product support
Note: Due to copyright infringement concerns, online courses are not available for download.